Propane dehydrogenation (PDH) is a key processing step in the on purpose production of propylene from propane feedstock. Propylene is the world’s 2nd largest petrochemical commodity and attributes its demand growth largely to the further production of polypropylene, which is used in a wide range of every day products from grocery packaging to weather resistant clothing.
- Chart is a preferred, pre-qualified supplier to UOP for their Oleflex™ catalytic dehydrogenation technology.
- Chart is a preferred, pre-qualified supplier to Uhde for their STAR process® technology.
- Within the cryogenic fractionation sections Chart’s scope includes detail engineering design, procurement, fabrication and shop pressure testing of equipment:
- Chart’s own proprietary process technology supplements its PDH solutions.
- Chart utilises its own proprietary BAHX designs and features for superior vapour / liquid distribution leading to enhanced heat transfer performance.